1. Military Specification MIL-S-3001F. (6 November 1964)
The United States Army Armor School was established on 1 October 1940, in Fort Knox, Kentucky as the Armored Force School. 80,000 students passed through the school in its first four years, with the first class starting 4 November of the same year. As of 30 September 1965, the armor school had graduated 214,122 students – 59,737 of which were officers, 140,909 of which were enlisted soldiers, 13,476 of which were officer candidates – as well as students from 63 nations.
The school was established by then-Lieutenant Colonel Stephen G. Henry under the guidance of Brigadier General Adna R. Chaffee, for whom the headquarters building is now named after. On 1 July 1957, the school was given its current name. It originally consisted of seven departments: Tank, Wheeled vehicle, Motorcycle, Communication, Tactics, Gunnery, and Field engineering.
Army Specialist (E-4) : Specialist (SPC) is considered one of the junior enlisted ranks in the U.S. Army.